E-Journal and E-Books
E-Library Newsletter and pathfinder
International Partnership Resources
Welcome to the Johannes Oentoro Library! The Johannes Oentoro Library consists of a Central Library (Lippo Vilage, Tangerang) and two branches, i.e. The Graduate School Library (Jakarta) and the Medical & Nursing Library (Lippo Village, Tangerang). As a library member you are required to know about the Library, its services and facilities. Besides, you need to know some rights and obligations when using the Library. This guide can help you using the Library according to the regulations for the Library is a public area for all UPH & STPPH communities and its special members as well. Lastly, have the most out of the services & facilities the Library offers.
A. Opening Hours.
B. Membership Policies.
C. Collection Policies.
RI Law No.19 of 2002 about Copyright Act should be observed. Notices to this effect are posted on the copy machine. Sources of information, including internet, should be cited in bibliography. Plagiarism is a serious violation of UPH Codes of Conduct.
2. Enquiry of New Collection.
Fulltime faculty and administrative officials may propose library new materials by filling out the material inquiry sheet (click here).
3. Access to the Online Database. (click here)
Online database is provided for library member only. ID (NIM/NIK) and library patron number are required to log-in. Contact Circulation Desk at ext. 1384-1385 for information.
4. Local Content Collection.
Local content collection is a collection published internally by UPH & STPPH, i.e.: Thesis, Dissertation, Internship report, Final Assignment, etc. Local content collection is a room-use collection. User have to submit smartcard in order to use the collection. Copying is strongly prohibited.
D. Loan Policies.
2. Loans may be renewed one time in person (only if there are no prior requests for the item).
3. Except for undergraduate & UPH College students, renewal may be done by phone.
4. Book Reservation could be made by request to the Circulation Desk.
5. Renewal only available for non-reserved materials.
6. Undergraduate & UPH College students are not allowed borrowing the Graduate School Library materials.
7. Part-time lecturers may borrow for one semester by requesting to the Circulation Desk. The loan items cannot be changed with others.
8. The library has a right to recall library materials on loan if needed.
9. Fines will be charged for overdue materials (see Table of Fees), except for full-time academic and non-academic staff.
10. Borrowers with overdue materials or with standing obligations to the library are not allowed to borrow unless all fines are settled.
11. Users are fully responsible for any loss of library materials. (Replacement with the same materials has to be made. If the material is no longer available, replacement with other material is permitted only by the confirmation from the Head of Department).
12. Loan limit table.
E. Facility Policies.
1. Computer Use.
Computers in the library are to be used for educational purposes only. Accessing computer programs or files not designated for learning use, i.e. accessing inappropriate internet sites (pornography), viewing or sending offensive images or text, playing computer games, or damaging/destroying/removing any piece of computer hardware or software is a violation of UPH Codes of Conduct (see Penalties section).
2. Information Literacy Training Program.
All students may request Information Literacy Training Program with minimum 5 students in each class. Students have to submit the ILTP form (click here) and arrange for the suitable time of courses with the trainers one day before. The sessions are: Library Research Skill, Topic & Research Question, Library A to Z, Using Online Database, Internet Research, Web Evaluation, SQ3R (Reading Skill), Basic Paper Writing, Plagiarism & Citation Style.
3. Information Reference Service.
Central and Medical & Nursing Library.
6. Lost & Found Box.
Personal belongings which found within the library area will be put in the lost & found box at the information desk. Clearance will be made after the grace period (see illustration below).
7. Printing Service.
8. Room Use.
There are Seminar Room, Group Study Room, Multimedia Viewing Room, & Study Room (available at 2nd & 4th floor, Central Library). These room facilities are served mainly for UPH civitas academic:
a. Non UPH may use this facility under the recommendation of UPH marketing department.
b. All room is only permitted for academic purposes and restricted for any kind of commercial purposes.
c. Do not plug electric sockets without permission.
d. Do not remove library furniture (such as sofas, chairs, paintings, pillows, pot, etc.) without permission.
e. Maintain the quietness of the library.
f. Coordinate with library staff for any inquiries
g. All goods in the library room are not for borrowed. In a very urgent condition, the goods can be borrow by filled the form and follow the procedures below:
h. Prior confirmation has to be made for the use of library rooms outside the regular working time. User should consider the necessary for library staff overtime wages.
i. Non UPH parties (crews, photographers, etc) should follow the library rules, including dress code (no sandals).
j. Library LCD projector & laptop can only be used from 07.00 am. until 4:00 pm. (except Saturdays) and must be prepared by library staff.
Users are required to make room reservation in advance at the Information Desk.
9. Scanning Service.
F. Environmental Policies.
Library users should be responsible for their belongings. Do not leave belongings such as wallets, purses, cell phones, car keys and laptops without supervision. Library is not responsible for any lost items in the library.
Do not bring food into the library. Only mineral water bottle/cup is allowed.
Do not shift or remove any furniture.
4. Mobile Phone.
Users should set their mobile phones into silent mode or turn it off. Library is a quite environment. Please keep your voice down.
5. Photographs & Video Camera.
Ask permission from the librarian before taking photographs or video.
6. Security Alarm.
Do not take books, journals, etc. outside, unless they have been handled by the circulation staff. If the security gates sound an alarm as you exit, you must return to the Circulation Desk to verify that the books were handled properly by our library staff.
Do not re-shelf books or journals by yourself.
Do not sleep on the chairs or floors in the library area.
9. Theft, Defacement, Mutilation, Misuse or Destruction.
Theft, Defacement, Mutilation, Misuse or Destruction of library property is prohibited. Being caught doing any of these activities will be given a penalty (see Penalties section).
10. Complaint & Suggestion Form.
User may lodge complaint or suggestion by using suggestion form which is available at all library locations or you may download it from the library website.
11. Bags, Packages, etc.
Bags, packages, etc should be deposited in the locker before entering the library. If urgently needed, the security has the rights to observe them.
Do not leave valuable goods inside the lockers. The library will not responsible for the loss or damage of any items kept in the lockers.
Sandals are not allowed in the library and please dress properly.
Users should bring their own smartcard. It is required for entering and doing transactions in the library. Visitors without smartcard have to submit ID card to the security desk.
A. Collection Penalties.
1. RI Law No.19 of 2002 about Copyright Act.
B. Loan Penalties.
1. Overdue Item.
User is required to pay overdue materials fine (see Table of Fees). During unsettled fines period, He/she is not allowed to borrow any materials.
2. Lost Item.
User is required to replace the lost item with the same materials or with the same subject suggested by the Head of Department.
C. Facilities & Environmental Penalties.
User shall be dismissed immediately from UPH and processed by the law (reported and handed to the police) (Decision of the Rector No: 850-RI/UPH/XI/2002 and Decision of the Senate No: 001/SK-Senat/UPH/III/2006 regarding Campus Discipline).
2. Losing Locker Key.
User is required to pay key replacement fee (see Table of Fees).
3. Overdue deposit of personal belongings.
5. Sandals and Dress Code.User is not allowed to enter the campus area (Decision of the Rector No: 850-RI/UPH/XI/2002 and Decision of the Senate No: 001/SK-Senat/UPH/III/2006 regarding Campus Discipline).
User shall be dismissed immediately from UPH (Decision of the Rector No: 850-RI/UPH/XI/2002 and Decision of the Senate No: 001/SK-Senat/UPH/III/2006 regarding Campus Discipline).
7. Vandalism (Collection & Computer Misuse).
User subjected to sanctions ranging from suspension up to dismissal from UPH (Decision of the Rector No: 850-RI/UPH/XI/2002 and Decision of the Senate No: 001/SK-Senat/UPH/III/2006 regarding Campus Discipline).
a. Table of Fees.
* smartcard transaction only (no cash).
b. Smartcard Top-up Procedure.
c. Special Membership procedure.
1. Fill out the membership application form.
2. Pay the deposit money Rp. 500.000,- (five hundred thousand rupiah).
The deposit will be return upon submission of written letter to the Library Manager, indicating cancellation of library membership. The money shall be transferred to member’s bank account in 7 days after the cancellation letter has been revived.
All payment should be transferred to:
3. Submit to the library:
Lippo Village Karawaci Residential Membership.
2. Pay the membership fee Rp. 350.000,- (three hundred and fifty thousand rupiah) to receive one smartcard valid for one year.
Lippo Village Karawaci Corporate Membership.
2. Pay the membership fee Rp. 1.000.000,- (one million rupiah) to receive 3 library smartcard valid for one year.
Yayasan Pelita Harapan Membership Requirements.
(See Lippo Village Karawaci Corporate Membership).
Fines or Fees
Per item per day or per item per hour for Short Loan Collection
per hour, maximum Rp. 200.000,- (≥ 20 hours)
Locker Key Replacement*
per unit, minimum unit purchased is Rp.30.000 = 150 units.
Rp. 1.000 (equivalent with 5 units)
Information Reference Service for non member
· Service charge will be applied for article request in digital (PDF file) & printed format.
· Printing fee is Rp. 1.000/page.
· Rp. 10.000/article, for additional request.
· The quota of free article depends on MOU.
· Printing fee only be charged for additional request over the quota limit.
Last update 19 June 2012